Saturday, August 29, 2009

Week-o-Whitney

A few weeks ago, we had a bunch of things to do with Whitney and for Whitney. First, (if you don't know) Whit is my bestie with leukemia. She was diagnosed in June and as of today is half way through her treatments. Here is what the Week-o-Whitney consisted of:

1. Whitney's 30th Birthday! Whitney and I and our little families went out to dinner at the Denver Tech Center Tavern and afterwards hit up Baskin Robbins for dessert. Whitney had the most DISGUSTING combination of ice creams for her dessert. Daiquiri Ice and Bubblegum, so GROSS! But she liked it and that is all that matters.

2. Whitney's "Girls Only" Birthday Party! When I planned this little party, I knew it couldn't be a big, extravagant, going out until the break of dawn party. Whitney definitely wouldn't be up for that. So, I found Color Me Mine at the Southlands. It is a pottery painting studio and we could have a little private party there. So, Rian made us some lasagna, Whit's mom brought breadsticks and salad from Olive Garden and I got Big Fat Cupcakes. We all painted our different pottery pieces, ate and had a great time!
3. Whitney's Cut-a-Thon for Cancer! On Saturday and Sunday that same weekend, Erin's (Whitney's sister) salon had a cut-a-thon and raised money for Whit and for the Leukemia and Lymphoma society. I have already written a post about my haircut, but Cameron and I went and had fun looking at the fishies, watching people get their hair cut and both of us getting hair cuts for charity!

No comments: