Monday, April 25, 2011

Presenting....

Collin Robert and Casey John!



They were born Sunday, April 17th at 1:22 and 1:23pm! What a beautiful day

My very short, but sweet birth story:

Thursday night I started feeling bad. I was having major rolling contractions from back to front (they hurt my butt, has anyone else had that?) and they were about every 5-6 minutes for about an hour and a half. I called Rian, who was at a work function, and made him come home to rub my head and calm me down. It worked. I didn't call my doctor that night.

Friday night, exact same thing happened as the night before. I didn't call the doctor that night.

Saturday. I woke up and could barely walk because there was so much pressure in my nether regions. I had been having a lot of pressure for about three weeks, but this was worse than normal. So bad in fact that while I was peeing that day I had a talk with the babies. I basically begged them to come out of me soon and that if they came the next day I would get their daddy to buy them a car when they turned 16. I was crying. I was done. Mentally and physically exhausted. So tired and so grumpy. My dad called me that night to check on me because I looked so terrible that day. On a whim, Rian decided to go to Dairy Queen that night. I decided on a Peanut Buster Parfait, totally forgetting all about the "thing". My mom ate a PBP The night before she went into labor with y sister and I. Apparently, about 4 others my mom told that too, worked for them too. Worked for me!

Sunday. I woke up and went potty. I saw blood. Not a lot, but enough. I decided to wait and eat breakfast to see if more would come. More came and so did the rolling back, butt, vagina pain contractions I then decided to take a shower because each time I have been to the hospital before, I haven't showered and regretted it. I knew if I called my doc, he would make me come in, so I showered. I started having stronger contractions while I showered. Then Rian showered. And THEN I called my doc about 11:15ish. He said, "Come in and be prepared that this MIGHT be the day we meet these twins." Rian and I took our time. My mom came and got Cameron, Rian and I made our bed for the first time in history, we talked about what to pack. We made sure we had cameras just in case, etc. Basically, we took our time. Then about 11:50, we headed to the hospital....

We get to the hospital at 12:15. While walking in, I say to myself that if this IS the day, then the babes will probably be here around 7pm. I had no idea. We get to the labor and delivery unit and the nurse takes us in our room and says "we were worried about you guys. The doctor even called your house to see where you were.". Hmmm...

I get changed, do my urine sample (tmi- which wasn't pretty), and walk out. Rian asks the nurse what is happening. She says that I am going to get on the monitors for a few minutes and then surgery time. He says, "so what is the eta? I need to call parents.". She says, "your surgery is scheduled for 1:00pm.". It was 12:35.

They frantically do everything to me. Trying to put an iv in so fast that the nurse blows vein #1, which still hurts today. They check me, I am almost dilated to 2cm. Get this. I am having contractions every 2 minutes! Ouchy! Now I know what that back, butt and vagina pain was all about! I ask Rian to check the camera. Guess what? I had charged the battery that week and forgot to put the battery back in. Rian had to race at the speed of light to the gift shop and buy a disposable camera! I was in the operating room at 12:58 getting my epidural. Rian came in at 1:10 and Collin was born at 1:22 and Casey at 1:23!



Collin


Casey



Cameron taking a picture of the babies. We still haven't convinced him to be actually be in the pictures with his brothers quite yet.

I guess we will be buying a car when these guys turn 16!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

7 comments:

Amanda said...

Wow, you barely made it to your sons' birth :)

Adria said...

Congrats! The boys are so handsome. How is Cam doing? I hope you and your family are adjusting well and doing great.

Ms. E said...

YEaaahhhhh! I am so so so happy for all of you!!!!!

J, B, O, J & Z said...

Congrats again. And, yes, I had the butt pain during contractions when I was laboring with Olivia.

They are adorable! Can't wait until we can get all 4 of our boys together. =)

Kortney said...

Congrats! They look great and with so much hair. I hope they will outgrow their oxygen soon. Everything is harder when attached to a cord.

Ericka Bigelow said...

Congrats!!! Love them and so happy for you. xoxo

Ericka Bigelow said...

Thank you for sharing this story - I'm going to be watching out for butt pain now for sure! Congrats!! Can't wait to get all of our boys together. xoxo